What is the secret to a long happy life? According to an article in the Listener it is how we interact with others.
This is the year to make new friends, get out of the house more, and find the support that we all need from parents who are going through the same unsung work doing one of the hardest and most important jobs. To find many local like-minded parents living close to you with kids like yours so please join in the Playday fun in public places to explore what is possible.
Playdays provide a place and an accessible way that parents can meet locally and provide Early Learning opportunities for preschool children. The Local Board are directly helping the community. We have monthly Playday events planned for 2017.
Wider community benefits include:
- Educating and informing target audience of community and education options
- Cost effective – free to visit, collaboration helps change and recharge resources
- Has a lasting impact (some visitors remember previous events run last year, and are returning)
- Attracts support, collaborators and resources who are also wanting to reach families
- Makes people feel safe and more positive about being a member of the local community
- Reducing isolation, increasing participation
- As a very local event, it reduces car usage for families, and at least some will be accessible for those without transport
- We discover and use different public parks and existing community facilities
See dates and more information here